Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy 30th, Joya

There are friends with whom the days pass and the years fly and the states in which you reside get further apart... and the missing each other becomes palpable. But then, there are quiet moments on the couch with Palace on the ears and that friend in the gchat...

me: how does 30 feel?
joy: I feel good. Feel like I'm right in the spot I should be/want to be.
at least right now... things are really good.
me: yay. so so happy to hear that.
joy: 30s are gonna be good!
me: 20s are practice years. 30s are implementation years.
joy: oo, I like that.
me: yep. i'm trying to make a few more mistakes in these last practice years.
joy: just don't let it get too messy
me: naw, more like poor clothing purchases and bad lifestyle choices. you know, too much champagne and such.
joy: that is more than okay!
me: and you? any 30s resolutions>
joy: don't get drunk and drunk-dial/email... as often
joy: mostly just want to continue to follow the bliss, ya know.
be open to the abundance of the universe and all that good stuff

So, on this, (two days after) your 30th birthday, I send my love to you, Joya.

Love,
JB

No comments:

Post a Comment